Thursday, March 31, 2011

One more day to go

After a long wait of about 4 years, we're starting our ride to Bhutan from tomorrow. I'm hoping this ride will be full of adventure, fun and memorable experiences. Last evening, when Jo and I were discussing about the ride, he told me - 'In Arunachal Pradesh, there are some tribes who are head hunters, do you wanna go see 'em?' I asked him, why? He said, j'ust to see if we can come back with our heads in their places' :D. If we have time to explore Arunachal Pradesh we will do that too. We haven't really planned anything in detail for this ride, we only have a map of Bhutan and some information given by Sen'or and Prashy.

A few words about Sen'or. Sen'or is always influential for all my rides. I have learnt many things from him. Motorcycling skills, mechanical knowledge and he is influential in my developing a taste for Blues and old school rock too. When I was contemplating about Himalayan ride, he had told me this - 'Expedition in Himalayas will change the way one sees life'. I could relate to some extent whatever he said, but only after that expedition, I realized what he really meant.

Tomorrow morning we are reaching Guwahati. After getting our motorcycles from the transporter's warehouse, we plan to explore places around Guwahati. Sunday morning we start towards Phuentsoling, a border town in Bhutan. That's the only plan we have for now.

3 comments:

Naveed Sheikbuden, Bangalore... said...

Its a good start.. I wish, your ride and travel brings you everything you have missed in past 2 years. Feels like I am traveling too. Have a romantic one...

jsr said...

good going Boodie! Wish you all the luck, and have an excellent ride. I will be following your blog! keep updating

Santhosh H Shankar said...

Have a good trip budd... I'll meet you when you come back to B'lore... Enjoy the mountains and beautiful mystic places... Have fun...